Title: Events Assistant
Location: various locations around Cumbernauld
When we are at public shows and events we are always amazed at how few people know about our town’s amazing wildlife so we are looking for people to share their passion of wildlife and the local environment. The events we attend range from small guided walks to large-scale shows like the Gardening Scotland weekend. What better way to spend a few hours sharing your passion for wildlife and conservation to inspire families to get out and explore their surroundings.
You don’t have to be an expert to help out, you just need to be willing to share your enthusiasm for nature with others! You could be talking to locals about nearby greenspaces, or helping out with a craft or activity with adults or children. Or, your role could be making sure everyone has what they need on the day, whether its equipment or hot drinks and biscuits!
What we are looking for:
- available to attend evening and/or weekend events
- confidence in talking to the public
What you will get in return:
- the chance to share your enthusiasm and inspire people around you
- an opportunity to develop public engagement skills
- working as part of a friendly and dedicated team