New Year, New You
What were you doing at the bells? If you’re anything like me you will have course have been sitting in furious concentration studying a year planner, mapping out your route through 2019. And in order to have as successful a year as possible you’ll also have been planning your resolutions, all the ways you’re going to make 2019 the best year ever.
It’s important to be realistic and not set yourself up for failure so how about these for some achievable New Year Resolutions
- Be Active and get outdoors more often. Cumbernauld has 4 Scottish Wildlife Trust Reserves and 7 other parks and nature reserves. Have you explored them all? There are amazing things to see and do in them, and they’re all free to access and accessible from your doorstep.
- Take Notice of all the beauty and wonder that surrounds us in these natural spaces. Instead of focusing on your worries and day to day issues take some time out to simply enjoy the moment.
- Keep Learning, no matter who you are or what you’ve experienced in life, there are always new things to learn and a walk through a woodland is worth an armful of books.
- Connect with the life around you, put yourself into the place of the nature that shares Cumbernauld with you, or take a friend or family member exploring and introduce them to what you’ve discovered.
- Give something back, either to your community, to the environment or just to yourself. Give yourself permission to have some ‘me’ time.
If you need some help with keeping your resolutions then why not consider volunteering with us here at Cumbernauld Living Landscape? You can find us on Facebook or at cumbernauldlivinglandscape.org.uk Get in touch to find out what you can do to help yourself, your community, and the environment.
Community Networks Officer